When you buy or sell a property with The Nancy Jenkins Team, you can use our 14 ft moving truck for free!
Selling or buying a new home can be a trying experience. We know that – and we’d like to make life a little easier for you. If our moving truck is available when you need it, it’s yours for the day.
We ask that you check availability in advance, keep your move to a 50-mile radius of Burlington, and gas up the truck before you drop it back off.
We also donate use of our trucks to local nonprofit organizations. We were honored to help the Donald Cook Detachment, Marine Corps League to collect toys for their Toys for Kids of Vermont program. We were also happy to help Cub Scout Pack 630 of Essex Junction Vermont with their popcorn-distribution projects. We’re thrilled to be able to support our community!
Moving is not a simple task! We have put together some moving tips to help make it a seamless transition for you.
- Find free moving boxes! You can find free moving boxes at your local recycling drop offs along with other local stores. Just ask at their customer service desk.
- Schedule a pick-up for donating items. If you are getting rid of furniture, our local Re-Source store typically will pick up items for donations.
- Hire a moving company! Most people have more stuff than they can fit in our moving truck. We recommend getting multiple quotes from moving companies to compare prices and services that best fit your needs.
- Pack an overnight bag. Even if you have the plan of unpacking everything the day you move in, things happen. It is best to have an overnight bag ready with all the essentials, like your pajamas and tooth brush.
- Pack a resource box and make it easily accessible. Think of everything you will need when you first pull in the driveway and pack it together. Things like soap, paper towels, toilet paper, water, the coffee maker and coffee!
- Bonus – pack a door stopper with you to easily move things in and out of the house.
- Choose a mid-week, mid-month date to close. Moving trucks and companies rates tend to be lower during the week. Our truck typically has a higher availability rate during the week also.
- Label your moving boxes for easy unload and unpacking. If you label everything, it makes it easier for people helping you unload to place boxes in their specific rooms, making it a breeze for unpacking.
- Use pillows as cushioning for fragile items.
- Finally, for safety purposes, we recommend getting your locks changed after you move in.